Sunday, December 4, 2011

Update Dec. 4th

It has  been a while since my last post. Things have been going well.

I cannnot believe that my last day of the radiation therapy ends this Wednesday. That will be the total of 30 sessions over.

Much as I love the techs there I cannnot wait to see that back of them. The last appointment with the radiation Doc. will be the same day.

Speech and OT continues and I am scheduled through the end of the year. I will extend as long as the insurance company allows. They are alreadly asking questions about the cost of the Avastin whichs seems to be around $15,000 a shot and is not considered "chemo".

The double dose of regular chemo I am assuming starts right away. I will find out Thursday. The MRI will be planned for around the holidays to allow things to "settle down". We will ask for a New Year one.

We have fun family things like the membership night and the Train Lights, Ornament Exchange at the Barn, Polar Express. etc.Karl's birthday (yikes better get shopping - Amazon is my friend )

My Mum leaves Monday and I am seriously considering the passport thing this time around as I am more with it than when Anna left:)

More from Brain Tumor Land later.

3 comments:

  1. Health insurance companies are such jerks. Your Christmas plans sound fun! Hope your mother can return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, you are sounding better. Having the radiation over is a big relief. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nimue!

    Just heard about your fight - will email you tomorrow - you WILL win!

    Merlin

    ReplyDelete