Wednesday, December 28, 2011

astereognosis - Who Cares?

astereognosis - Stereognosis is the ability to identify objects that are placed in the hand when the eyes are closed. The patient is given common objects and asked to identify them without looking at them. The inability to do this called astereognosis and indicates parietal lobe dysfunction.

This (apart from some work on my fine motor control) is apparently the extent of my problem with my right hand. I frankly don't care. Who reaches into a draw full of knives with looking first? Who keeps their keys in with their comb and doesn't look for them first? I certainly don't and can look now if I have to, or use my left left hand.

I can write, type, cook, ride a horse, knit, tie my shoes laces, run, etc. So this seems a non-issue to me:)

My speech, memory, attention etc. needs work, but hey with a 5 year old girl and an 8 year old boy they did anyway.

If this is the extent of it - yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment