Sunday, January 15, 2012

Round one of High Dose Chemo Over

Jan 5th: Thursday day 1 - Monday day 5 (round 1 of 24). Oral, taken each night at bed.

I was prepared this time:
Drugs for nausea and constipation, kept up my exercise etc. Riding my special Charlie.

I am sure that the awesome MRI news helped too.

Avastin continues every two weeks. IV infusion at Barrow, takes about 40 mins. I just kick back and read a book.

Next round of chemo starts Feb. 1st. There will be 24 in total, one each month. (5 days out of each month)

Unless anything changes I wont bug you with the monthly chemo report:)

Oh, the speech therapy lady is mean, making me work harder each time. She adds percentages to my progress in each area and expects me to beat my score each time. If I don't she adds cryptic little notes to my file.

I will tell you about the fabulous Horse Clinic at the barn coming up when it happens. So excited!

2 comments:

  1. Your (written) speech is so much better! Go Katy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last thing you want is to be marked a 'difficult' patient. Glad to hear your spirits are high.

    ReplyDelete