Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good News After First Post-Surgery MRI

Today was my first MRI post surgery / radiation / chemo. They delay the first one by about 4 weeks to avoid swelling etc. being mistaken for tumor growth. We chose to wait until after the holidays.

I had a couple of sleepless nights and waking up feeling sick with worry. This was in spite of trying to let go of things that I cannot change.

As the doc loaded the MRI images ( I thought that she would have already read it before we went in ) she reminded me that we were just looking for "no growth today".

What we actually saw was a comparison between a tumor the size of a chicken egg on the pre-surgery MRI and one the size of a marble taken this morning. The Dr. herself said this was a major surprise and extremely good news. She must have thought that I was crazy when I kept on asking the same question over and over "So this is good news then?"

I know that this is something that will never go away, I will be fighting this for the rest of my life. But tonight I am savouring a victory

Yippeee!!

Tonight I start 2 years of 5/23 Temodar at 250mg combined with Avastin for as long as possible. I will have an MRI every 2 months, or more often if things don't feel right.

On a lighter note, I have graduated from OT. They clearly thought that the Astereognosis issue was about as important as I do. ST will still continue.

A big thank you to all my family and friends helping me along this journey. I could not do it without you.

3 comments:

  1. Katy,
    It is so great to hear such wonderful news. What a relief to know that there has been so much shrinkage of the tumor. I wish you and your family much health and happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super news! Best wishes from all your pals at Westland - just believe!

    LoL

    Mike

    ReplyDelete