Monday, August 22, 2011

My Perspective on the Tumor

It will not beat me.  Thanks to the early diagnosis of LPR in March 2011 (silent reflux) I am lean and fit and strong.  I ride horses hard 3 or 4 times a week, take vitamins, drink no alcohol, eat little junk and try to eat healthy food. Mostly, although I do have a gummi bear habit (again not a secret "My Mummy is going to get really sugared up if she eats all of those"). I have a lot to live  for.  I love my two children and husband fiercely. I have an amazing circle of friends who will help me through this. Maybe I am wrong but I view this a a phase in my life that I will work through and come out of the other end. It does disturb me that nothing really has changed prognosis wise for brain tumor patients in the last 40 something years. But I am hopeful that this will change. The hard part at the moment is that as well as never physically leaving my head, it inhabits my thoughts constantly. The only time that I don't think think about it is when I am riding a horse.  All my thoughts, feelings, body and soul have to be focused on the horse.  It is incredible therapy.

1 comment:

  1. Katy - we are so proud of you for "not accepting good". We're behind you all the way. Please let us know what we can do to help you conquer this and be even more "excellent" than you already are. With all our love, the Kimerlings

    ReplyDelete