Saturday, August 27, 2011

Karl

I found out a couple of days ago that my husband has not yet read my blog.  "I think that I read most of the first post", he said.  I am going to use this opportunity to let him know a few of the many things that I love about him, and also some things that make me laugh. I wonder how long it will be before he sees it.

He always manages to muster a little energy after work for "Daddy Monster".  This involves chasing the children around the house roaring like a monster, catching and tickling or wrestling Astrid and Alexander.

Inspite of me teeling him that life must go on he is reluctant to schedule his own physical at the docs. in case it  clashes with one of appointments that I have't even made yet. Although frankly his memory is worse than mine at this point and he never remembers the things that the doc tells me:)

He is always asking me if I have remembered to take my pils while invariably forgeting his own.

He takes Alexander out after dark and like the brave warriers they are they valiently protect the family by eliminating as many scorpions as they can catch.  This is one of Alexander's favorite things to do.

He prefers chemical baths (jumping in the pool) to an actual shower.

He is trying hard to get fitter as he knows that he will have to step up a bit where running the house, children's activities and business is concerned.  He has been on the running machine twice now I think:)

He holds me when I get scared and then I begin to feel safe again.

He will always make sure that we have planned for the future whatever that may be.

He carries Astrid (5) to bed "like a baby" each night and looks under her bed and in the closet so that she feels safe and loved.

He will microwave those revolting smelling chicken nuggets for Astrid as he knows that the smell makes me want to vomit. (I have a very sensitive nose and a lot of smells make me want to vomit, I hope this does not get worse when I start the chemo)

I love you Karl, the last thirteen years of my life have been the best ever. We have built a wonderful life together and acheived so much, long may it continue.






2 comments:

  1. I hope I get to meet Karl and I hope he reads this. I would also like to go scorpion hunting. At my house in Del Mar I go on Snail Patrol nightly and my record is 114 in one forage. I think Alexander would find it entertaining, especially the huge maglight I carry.

    ReplyDelete