Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mindfulness


Several people recently have used phrases like "live in the moment" , "come to terms with your new normal", "be mindful".  


This has never been me. I have always been a multi-tasker kind of person with my mind on the next thing, or even the next several things. I have never been a "mindful" person. 


I am going to try hard though to be that person. I have been recommended the work of Kabat-Zinn which I intending to look into. The problem is that I immediately thought about downloading it to my Droid so that I can read it in spare moments while dashing around multi-tasking. I think I will get his Mindfulness for Beginners first:)

1 comment:

  1. lol - downloading a book about mediation techniques on your droid. I read a basic book on yoga, and practice some simple concepts. I think this all boils down to is to be able to empty your mind and pull the pain/stress out of your body with breathing. Getting the swirl of thoughts out of my head was the biggest challenge. I read somewhere,... don't engage the thoughts, let them come up and pass.

    I am glad to see that you are open to this. Being somewhat relaxed is sure to help with your treatment and make your family more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete