Monday, September 26, 2011

Big day at the Tumor "Center"

It started out with a MRI at 8am.  I don't think I will ever get used to that 45 minutes. We then grabbed a quick breakfast at a greasy spoon place across the street.  I know that I should be thinking broccoli but it was breakfast:)

Next was the CT scan and fitting of the "Hannibal Lecter mask" , that is also pretty suffocating but at least it was fast. Apparently the putting together of the MRI and CT scan will take about 5 days and then I will be called back in for the initial zapping and scheduling for the future.

We then had a 2.5 hour wait before the chemo appointment.  I wasn't too bad as we found a Starbucks and comfy chairs.

I will have to take 120mg of the Temodar each day at the same time as the radiation (although this includes weekends).  This is half the dosage of the 5/23 schedule so hopefully it will not be so bad!

I really want to start this thing, I am feeling strong and ready to take on this tumor. 

I am incredibly touched by the generosity of the ladies at school. They have set up a website and we will be having beautiful meals MWF for each week of the radiation.  I cannot thank them enough.

5 comments:

  1. Praying that it goes really smoothly for you, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to tell you a funny story. When I dtopped Emily off in class yesterday I was staring at this boy at his desk thinking we had a new student. Miss Smith even gave me a funny look because I was staring. Then I realized it was Alexander!! He looks so different with his haircut, so much older! Looks really good on him and I'm just glad he didn't see me staring at him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled to hear your fighting spirit as you gear up for the next step!!
    You gotta take pics of the mask! Riley loved to see pics of me on the table & the huge, cool machine that "shot lasers at my belly".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb - I actually didnt recognise him when I went into after care today:)
    Deborah - I am defintely getting photographs:)

    ReplyDelete